My client is looking for an experienced Café Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of a high-end, boutique café based in Albany!
This is a prime opportunity as the café is currently in the final stages of being built, and the Café Manager will have the ability to add input and value to the final café layout, fit out and ensure set up is to an excellent standard before the opening.
To be successful as a Café Manager, you will demonstrate exemplary management and leadership skills and the ability to ensure that the café staff carry out all duties efficiently and to an exceptional level of customer service.
• Recruiting, training, and supervising café staff
• Preparing weekly work schedules for staff and finding suitable replacements in cases of staff absence
• Creation, planning and execution for social media marketing strategies
• Ensuring that all café expenses are within budget and identifying ways to decrease operational costs
• Creating, planning and executing social media marketing strategies and campaigns for the café across multiple channels
• Receiving delivered café supplies and verifying that the correct items and quantities have been delivered
• Taking inventory of café supplies and ordering new stock as needed
• Resolving customer complaints regarding food quality and customer service
• Getting creative with new menu items based on customers' preferences and feedback
• Developing excellent rapport with regular and new customers to ensure a repeat customer base• Processing payments using the café's Point of Sale System
• Making bank deposits
• Ensuring that the café is always clean and well-presented
• You will also be able to oversee the maintenance and repair of café equipment/facilities
• Bachelor's degree or certification in Business Administration or Business Management is advantageous
• Proven management experience in the hospitality industry, 2 years +
• Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations
• Strong business acumen
• Exemplary management skills